Saturday, January 10, 2009

Jan 10, 2009

Well,  I said I probably wouldn't post something everyday, and I haven't.  Sorry 'bout that.  Last week included a professional day, a snowday, and three (count 'em, three!) days of classes, during which I attempted to review an entire term's work with my 7th and 8th graders before next week.  There's one more day of review, a day of Listening Tests, then the exams.  (Of course, there's another snowstorm predicted for Wednesday, so it may a week of ONE day of classes)!  I'm definitely not in favor of this year's schedule (of having semester exams one week after winter vacation, with no tests or quizzes allowed during that time).  I (and, it appears, most of the rest of the faculty) hope that next year's calendar will be more educationally sound.
Unfortunately, the snowstorm today (5-10 inches predicted) has meant that Sally isn't able to come down here for the day, as we had hoped.  Instead, she'll stay at SBS, attending the horse show and preparing for next week's board meeting, and I'll stay here and finalize the Spanish A & B exams, between shoveling snow and feeding the birds.  Good thing I love snow and winter.  (It must be a holdover from my two years in Labrador, where the average temperature in January was 15 below and the days had about 8 hours of sunlight).
Anyway,  this post is primarily meant to say I'm still alive and well and to explain that I'm going to be pretty busy with exam correction, comment writing, and faculty meetings in the next couple of weeks, so I may not have much to add for the next week or so.  
Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I almost hate to tell you, but I just went into my backyard and picked an orange from my tree, peeled it and ate it in the warm sunshine. It was delicious.
    But there is a lot to be said for snow...if you can light a fire, read a good book...

    ReplyDelete